Read up on this post if you want a quick walkthrough on how to use the NoH BBS System...
Feel free to post any questions or comments.
Post Color Codes:
- Whenever you are using a form to post a message, you are always composing a follow-up
to the one in YELLOW (it's labeled Post:).
- Follow ups(i.e., reply or translation) to the "Post:" are always in RED.
- Messages displayed as part of the history (Entry Being Translated:,
In Response To:, Original Post:) are always in GRAY.
Posting a Message
- When you want to post a message, you can either reply or translate it.
+ First, make sure the message you want to post a follow-up to is YELLOW.
+ Next, decide whether your follow-up will be a reply or a translation:
* If you want to post a reply(which is the common case), make sure that the form you are
composing the message is entited Reply To This Post
- If it's entitled "Translate this Post", you can switch over to the normal reply form by clicking
(No, I want to reply to this post normally.) then compose your message.
* If you want to post a translation(i.e. provide a translation to the YELLOW Post),
make sure that the form you are composing the message is entitled Translate this Post.
- If it's entitled "Reply to This Post", you can switch over to the translation form by clicking
(I want to translate this post instead.) then compose your message.
+ When you are ready to post you might want to click the Preview button to make
sure that it looks okay before you actually post the message. The system does some
preprocessing on links and image tags if you intend to embellish your message with
visuals or external links to pertinent content.
+ Post the message by hitting the Post button.
If you wish to have your image or pdf files hosted on this site to be used within your BBS entries,
you may upload it to your account space, then reference it using
1) http:// notation, i.e.
2) full <a href ..> html tag format:
<a href="uploads/YOUR_ID/DOCUMENT.pdf">Click here to view my pdf document</a>
(It essentially becomes Click here to view my pdf document)
3) full image tag format if you're trying to embed an image:
<img src="uploads/YOUR_ID/YOUR_IMAGE.gif" width="50" height="50">
4) The combination of 2) & 3) to create an image link, i.e.