*AoiTori's comment: Hi everyone! I just want to you let you know that this is the first BBS I've ever written in my programming career "from scratch". You can do abit more than the usual BBS posting, which is to provide Japanese (or English) translations to other people's posts. Hopefully in doing so, we'll be able to help each other as a group to break down the Japanese/English language-barrier. (Japanese S-JIS encoded posts will work! However, Screen Names need to be in normal/romaji characters..) As for posting comments and replies, all that I ask is to use courtesy & common sense whenever you publish anything on this website. If you see outwardly negative comments, such as profanity, racism, etc., or are offended by another's comments, please report the abuse to me and I will review the issue and deal w/ it promptly as I do not honor such postings on this website. In any case, if you find anything broken or would like to drop a suggestion, please let me know.
Here are the basic rules to get you started:
- Before you can start posting, you need to let me know that you want your account activated. I will send you a generated password. Your Login name will initially be your email address. Once a new Screen Name is chosen, it will become your new Login from that point onward.
- You cannot create your own Forum and can only post to a Starting Thread. *I want to keep everything discussed in the Forums related to the community as much as possible. Or, if you want another thread started, let me know.
- You can Reply or Translate a normal Post.
- You can Reply to a Translation, but not Translate a Translation. *I had this turned on at first because it seemed cool, but later thought the idea was ridiculous and makes things all too confusing. ;-)
- You can use a custom icon other than the "Happy Face" that you get automatically, only that it needs to display in 50px-by-50px, be less than 6K in size, and needs to be named "icon.gif"(no quotes) before you upload it to the site. You then edit your profile and click a checkbox setting to tell the system to use your custom icon instead of the "Happy Face."
"What 'Happy Face'?," you might ask. I'm talking about this one that I made myself...
Arigatou gozaimasu..! Have fun..! --AoiTori